While gratitude is always in season, there may be no more appropriate time of year than Thanksgiving to take stock of what makes us feel thankful. However, it's not always easy to focus on the positive when the big stuff (read: health, family, work) goes awry.
The great news is, it doesn't take much to reap the benefits of a gratitude practice. In fact, if you think of five to ten things you're grateful for per day for eight weeks, you will actually change your brain patterns and rewire your mind for greater empathy and happiness.
To get you started, we've compiled a list of 25 things almost anyone can be thankful for, no matter what. After all, sometimes it's the small stuff that makes all the difference.
1. Warm socks on a cold night
2. A cup of coffee on a sleepy morning
3. Unexpected compliments
4. When you order something online and it fits perfectly
5. Central heating
6. Home cooked meals
7. Long hugs
8. Old friends
9. Singing loudly to the radio on your morning commute
10. A sunny day spent outside
11. When it's raining and you have nowhere to be
12. Belly laughs
13. The wisdom that follows a mistake
14. Free refills
15. Movies on demand
16. A person who will answer your call at two in the morning
17. Unconditional love from pets
18. A new outfit that makes you feel incredible
19. A book that feeds your soul
20. An act of kindness from a stranger
21. A moment to yourself after a crazy day
22. The feeling of lotion on super dry skin
23. Food that's delivered to your door
24. When you make the light in traffic
25. Good hair days
Which of these did you like the most? Can you think of any other good ones? Let us know in the comments below!